I Tore My ACL

I Tore My ACL
Posted on 03/25/2019
Kayla's KneeI Tore My ACL
Kayla Keefe
Staff Writer
[email protected]

My surgery was scheduled for March 1st, but I was able to move it up to February 15th. I woke up at 5:30 a.m. to go to York for the surgery. I was not scared for the surgery, I was scared for the the next three days. I talked to people that tore their ACL and they said that it was the worst pain they have ever experienced once the nerve block wore off.

As I was in the hospital bed, the nurse put the I.V. in my arm. A little bit later the anesthesiologist came in and talked to me about the nerve block. In those minutes he put a sedation in my I.V. From there on I do not remember much.

Once I woke up from my surgery I was very confused. I could not feel my whole right leg from the nerve block.

My mom put a bed in the living room so when I got home I went straight to bed. I woke an hour later and my leg was very tingly. The nurse told me that the nerve block lasts twenty-four hours. I was very confused because I could feel it start to wear off. By eight I went to sleep. I woke up at 11:48 crying because my knee was in so much pain. From there on I started to take my medicine.

The second day was the worst day for me. I was not able to stand up. When I put my leg down, I could feel all the blood rush down my leg. A lot of my friends came to visit me, which was nice, but I felt very sick. I threw up multiple times and I just wanted to be alone.

The third day I got up for the first time. My leg hurt fairly bad, but the pain was manageable. I stopped taking my medicine, and began to take Ibuprofen and Tylenol. By the fourth day I went to Physical Therapy for the first time. I go to Pivot Therapy which is on the Carlisle Pike near Chipotle. It was nice to get out of the house, but very tiring. The Physical Therapists were very welcoming and kind. From there on I go to PT twice a week.

Website by SchoolMessenger Presence. © 2024 SchoolMessenger Corporation. All rights reserved.